Essex Blades 27 - 26 Brentwood HC

BHC played their away match against the Essex Blades on Saturday, 23rd November.

It turned out to be a very close match throughout. The teams were at the same level and both teams displayed some good handball.

Essex Blades opened the score, but Brentwood soon drew level and went on to take the lead. The opponents, however, quickly drew level and were soon leading throughout most of the first-half with, mainly, a one-goal lead. In the last ten minutes of the first-half Brentwood got in front and the half-time result was 13:14.

BHC started the second half full of energy and determination, scoring 3 goals without reply. Brentwood were then clearly dominating the match and went on to even have a four-goal lead. Mark, who played for the first time this season, saved two penalties and the match victory seemed by then to be going Brentwood's way. However, halfway through the second half, and despite the coach urging the team to keep the ball for longer periods, some individual play took over, resulting in rushed attacks that saw several missed chances from Brentwood. As a result, Essex Blades managed to come back and regained the lead. Despite Brentwood's best efforts in the last minutes of the game, Essex Blades kept their lead until the end winning by just one goal. The final score was 27:26.

After the match, coach Hans-Jörg, who also played for a few minutes, said: "It was a good match between two teams that are at the same level. I am, however, very disappointed with the result today. We should have won this match - we had it in our hands and threw it away. Clearly, there are areas we need to improve and I hope some lessons were learned here today."

BHC's next match will be on Saturday, 7th December, an away match against Peterbourough HC.

The team on the day was:
Mark Cory in goal, Etienne Szomonyak, Félix Branchu (3), Hans-Jörg Küller Rabaça (1), Khalid Amrane (2), Phil Duffield, Remy Turc (15), Rob Broad (2) and Rob Grant (3).